Monday, August 2, 2010

IT'S HAPPY TIME

HAPPY & ME

As I stated in my last post, all my life I have been around clowns. Maybe that is why I am now a clown too. One clown in particular, that I met as a kid, is Happy.

During most of my childhood and up into my twenties, I would appear each year on the local (Lexington,Kentucky) Jerry Lewis, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Labor day telethon. Mostly as an unofficial poster child but in the late seventies, my brother, Timmy and I were Kentucky's official poster children. During that time (the late 70's) is when I met Happy. Happy had his own local children's t.v. show called, Happy's Hour. It was aired by WTVQ and ran from the 70's up into the early 80's.For such a beloved Kentucky personality, there isn't much about him anymore. That saddens this clown way too much. Happy and his sidekick Froggie entertained so many children and adults! He was with us on the telethon, and it can get hot wearing clown makeup and suit. I bet even-more-so, under television lights. Happy if you are out there, know that you are missed and loved. From one clown to another, I salute you.














Happy, Timmy, & Me














Happy & us on stage during the telethon.

No comments:

Post a Comment